Checklist: Questions to ask your client before you create a Company Store or Pop-Up Store
Whether it’s a company store or a pop-up store, understanding your client’s goals before creating a store will save time and headaches in the long run. Make sure both you and your client are on the same page before jumping into a store-building tool or working with an agency to build them a custom website.
Use this checklist (or the editable PDF version) to align with your client on what success looks like for their branded store!
Who will shop on the website? Is this store open to anyone or a specific group of people?
- Company employees
- Sports teams and fans
- School students and staff
- Club or organization members
- Event attendees
- Anyone and everyone!
Does access to the website need to be restricted, so only certain people can access it?
Objective & Goals
How will you know the website is successful? What is the purpose of the website? You can have more than one objective, but try to narrow it down to your top two.
- Employee engagement, appreciation, or retention
- Client engagement, appreciation, or retention
- Unified branding initiatives – re-branding, franchise uniforms, etc.
- Increase brand awareness
- Fundraising and charitable causes
- Make ordering easier for HR & Marketing teams
- Post-event engagement
Order Volume & Value
What’s the total impact of the program?
- How many orders will be placed per day or per month?
- What is the average order value?
- Will several items be ordered at a time – or just one?
Is this a store with an end in sight, or is it an ongoing initiative?
- In-hands date: _________________
- 1-3 Months
- 3-6 Months
- 6-12 Months
- 12+ Months
How many products do you want to offer?
What type of products do you want to offer?
- High-end, luxury
- Economical, lower price
- Environmentally friendly
- Themed (i.e. seasonal, office)
- Clothing assortment
How often do you want to add new products?
- Twice a year
What level of customization can shoppers request on their products?
- No customization
- Some customizations (1-2 custom decoration areas)
- Highly customized (3+ decoration areas)
Look & Feel
What feelings do you want to elicit from the graphics and messaging in your store?
- Team spirit
- Brand loyalty
Which type of product photography do you prefer?
- Stock photos
What elements are included in your brand guidelines?
- Brand colors
- Logo variations
What currencies will you offer?
What languages are supported?
What payment method(s) will be available at checkout?
- Credit card
- Redemption code
- Redemption codes and credit cards
As orders are placed, where will they be shipped?
- A single location, like an office or event
- Multiple addresses
Will orders be fulfilled on-demand or all at once?
- One order
Are there any other special instructions for delivery?
- Kit multiple items together
- Custom unboxing experience
- Branded packaging
Before building a website for your client, make sure you’re on the same page so you both know what success looks like! Capturing objectives and goals will set you up for a strong long-term partnership and will position you as a trusted advisor that provides greater value than your competitors.
Want an interactive PDF of the checklist to talk through with your client? Download your copy below.